Dried fruits are high in fiber which is important for one’s health. It normalizes and improves bowel movement and aids in regulating blood sugar levels. A fiber-rich diet is also easy on the digestive system. One of the most delicious dried fruits is dried apricots.
Why dried apricots?
Dried apricots are a powerhouse of nutrients with vitamins like Vitamin A and minerals like potassium. Some other top health benefits are listed below.
- It is also rich in calcium which is good for bone health. Calcium also preserves and promotes nerve functions.
- Dried apricots are rich in magnesium which helps to relieve muscle cramps and spasms.
- They are also low in calories, hence fulfilling all sweet cravings during weight loss.
- Dried apricots contain iron which is essential for blood health. It is a very good practice to include dried apricots in the diet during pregnancy.
Thus, it is safe to say that apricots in the dried form are a storehouse of essential nutrients.
Uses of dried apricots
With what many people assume due to the sweet taste, dried apricots are excellent with sweet foods. However, they are the star of many savory dishes too. Some of the top uses of dried apricots are listed below.
- Snack – With salty wafers and a slice of cheese, they make the most addictive snack. It is sweet and salty, perfect for kids and adults alike.
- Dips – Several dips need some sweet ingredients to balance the spiciness or tanginess. Dried apricots are perfect in such situations.
- Salads – With the cut fruits of choice, some chopped nuts, and dried apricots, the best fruit salad is ready!
- A go-to snack – These are sweet and indulgent snacks on their own.
- Topping – They make amazing toppings for bagels and open sweet sandwiches.
- Polao or biryani – Briyani and polao always have some dried fruits to add to the richness. Dried apricots taste incredible in such recipes.
- Puddings – Dried apricots are delicious in recipes.
- Sauce – These can also be used to make a sauce similar to caramel.
- Milkshake – Dried apricots can also be used to make milkshakes. This milkshake is very beneficial during pregnancy.
- Stew – These can also be used to make a sweet stew to top pies or have as it is.
Dried apricots are a versatile ingredient. They can be used in both sweet and savory dishes and tastes delicious on their own too. Hence, they make the perfect superfood for the present generation.